The Vezza North property is located 27 km south of Matagami and 152 km north of the town of Amos. The property consists of 60 mining claims covering 3,351 hectares strategically located along the northern part of the Casa-Berardi/Cameron gold trend. The property is 5 km north of the Vezza Gold deposit owned by Nottaway Resources Inc. (a measured and indicated resource of 1.2 Mt at 6.5 g/t Au for 261,000 ounces and an inferred resource of 435,800 t at 4.9 g/t Au for 68,540 ounces – Maudore Minerals, NI 43-101 – March 22, 2013). The property encompasses 14 km of the Casa-Berardi North/Cavalier deformation zone and several significant gold zones, including the Serem and Hecla West showing. Gold is associated with quartz-carbonate veins with occasional tourmaline and disseminated pyrite and arsenopyrite. Historical drilling consists of 44 diamond drill holes (9,481 m in total). The best intersections included (source: GM 45379, 51591 and 55917):
- 1.4 g/t Au over 36.1 m, including 11.0 g/t Au over 4.0 m (A-20) less than 125 m from surface (Serem Zone East);
- 2.1 g/t Au over 8.5 m, including 4.5 g/t Au over 3.4 m (200E-2) less than 110 m from surface (Hecla West);
- 1.9 g/t Au over 3.1 m, including 11.0 g/t Au over 0.3 m (100E-1) less than 110 m from surface (Hecla West);
- 1.8 g/t Au over 4.0 m (200E-1) less than 50 m from surface (Hecla West); and
- 1.9 g/t Au over 3.5 m (A-04) less than 80 m from surface (Serem Zone East).
Lower-grade zones were intersected outside the gold zones. Further drilling is required on the property to test the extension of the known gold system below the 200 m level and laterally over a distance of at least 600 metres (for more information on these zones, please see the 43-101 report).